Saturday, February 2, 2013

Last Minute Valentine Holders

I needed something quick and easy for my third grader's class Valentine holders, and this is what I came up with in about 15 minutes... that's how I roll!   I have a box of 250 of these Kraft bags that I got a few years ago super duper cheap, and I am still finding ways to use them up, so I knew right away that these would be the "holders" of choice.

First, I hand cut a heart (old school folded paper style) out of some leftover Hobby Lobby Christmas tissue paper, that is actually pretty stiff for tissue paper.  I used decoupage to attach it to the bag and give it a little bit of a sturdy base.  Then using my Cricut, I cut out the name in this adorable font (that was totally free*) in black vinyl, and applied it over the heart.  The bow is a strip of cheap black felt that I tied in a knot and glued another hand-cut heart from red felt to the center of.

*The name of the font is called MTF Jumpin Jack, and can be found {here}, at Miss Tiina Fonts.