Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall is in the air...


I was looking at pictures of last Halloween and searching the internet to see if I could figure out how to make a King Boo costume (from Mario Kart) for Reilly, when I saw the pictures of him last year in his Michael Phelps costume.  This was a last minute costume because I thought he was all set to be Buzz Lightyear, complete with light up wings, until about 30 minutes before we left for the trunk-or-treat at his school.  On one hand, I was thrilled that at age 5 he dared to be different!  On the other hand-- 30 minutes does not a fantastic costume make....but this picture were too funny not to share, and totally reminds me why I love this time of year!   
Have a great weekend!!


3 comments:

~*Joni said...

Ohhhh my gooooodness! This is perfect and so adorable! Au contraire, last minute costumes are the best ever! I would have never thought of doing a Michael Phelps costume (sans the bong - LOL! JK!), this is soooo cute!!

Stampinsilvia said...

I lvoe love love this picture and think his imagination is incredible and good for you for not squelching it and making him wear his origional costume! Bravo "and the MOM of the year award goes to..." NIKKI!!!!

Dawn B. said...

Awww he is so cute. It is so fun trying to think up a costume. I would have never thought of this one. Boys are harder to be creative with when it comes to costumes. Great picture..Love the metal..Hugs.