Monday, June 8, 2009

SheetLoad, The Cutting Cafe and a little TLC(224)


Good morning! My card for today is a combination of fun challenges, and I plan to give it to my son's kindergarten teacher-- he only has 6 more days of kindergarten left (sniff, sniff). I can't believe how fast this year has flown by!
The layout of this card is this month's SheetLoad sketch! For the next two weeks we're trading ideas and projects with The Cutting Cafe. Click here to read details on the challenge! I used this scrumptious apple from The Cutting Cafe to try out today's technique challenge over at SCS, which was basically to print an image on clear acetate, flip it over and color it with alcohol based markers (I used Copics). I cut out the apple after I colored it because I only wanted to use the image part of the digistamp. What you might not be able to see is that the apple appears kind of a marbled. The more I colored it, the marbled it appeared and I thought it was a neat, textured look. One other cool thing to note about using digistamps is that you can resize them to fit your project, which is what I did with the Thanks Teacher circles. Thanks for looking!

Ingredients: Stamps: The Cutting Cafe {Fruit Greetings, Big Circles-Teacher}; Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi Textured, Naturals Ivory, Cranberry Crisp}; DP: Karen Foster Design, FooFaLa; Accessories: Stampin' Up! {Dimensionals, Buttons, Twine, Scallop Edge Punch}, Copics.

7 comments:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

this was a great idea! I never even THOUGHT about printing my image on acetate! love your card!

Regina Easter said...

oh my word, how adorable is this....love it girl...i am passed the kindergarden stage....i have a soon to be 3rd, 8th, 9th, 11th...yikesssssssssssss..hugs

crafty amy said...

This is very sweet love the layout and the marbled apple that is such a great idea :)

X Amy X

June said...

A great card for a teacher...I remember it like yesterday my oldest leaving Kindergarden stage...she is 12 now!
Must start making cards for teachers. iy will be summer holidays before I know it.
June x

Kelly Mahany said...

It looks great! I can really see the marbling effect in the leaf of the apple!

Monika Reeck said...

I love your Apple and the leaf also very nice...lovely button and PP too...pretty card, best regards, Monika

Jessica G. said...

What a fun image to use with this technique and your apple has a stained glass look to it -- awesome!