Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Cutting Cafe Challenge



This cute popsicle is for an intersite challenge over at Bitten By the Bug and The Cutting Cafe, and SheetLoad! Here is a link for the {challenge details}! How cute is this for summer??? I printed the shaped Popsicle card from the Cutting Cafe on Shimmery White, and printed the shaped Popsicle #2 in orange. After cutting the two images out, I sponged the entire orange piece in Only Orange, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I attached wooden (mini) Popsicle sticks to the cardstock printed ones, and then trimmed the excess white cardstock with a craft knife. I stamped directly on top of the embossed orange panel with white Staz-On. Then I attached the orange panel to the white card base with dimensionals. What do you think?

Ingredients: Shaped Card: The Cutting Cafe {Popsicle #1 and #2}; Stamps: Stampin' Up! {So Very}; Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Shimmery White}, DCWV {Textured Orange}; Ink: Stampin' Up! {Only Orange}, Staz-On {Cotton White}; Accessories: Nicole Crafts {Mini Popsicle Sticks}, Ranger {Super Fine Clear EP}, Michael's {Ribbon}, Stampin' Up! {Dimensionals}, Other {Velcro Dot}.

12 comments:

peggy said...

ooohhh Yummy !!!!!
Great idea !!

Hugs, Peggy

Anonymous said...

mmm I could do with one of those for my sore throat!! Very cool x

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Super cute! I have the pattern for that card, but have yet to make it! I think I'm going to attack it!

Sweet Design Inc said...

Really cute and yummy looking! Love it! Great job!

Katie Skiff said...

Cute!! I am still working on mine, so I can't wait to see the end result. Thanks for sharing yours!

Heather said...

Very cute! I love how you added dimension to the orange part.

Crystal said...

This is super adorable!!! CUTE CUTE!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love all of your stuff! I just got the chance to scan through everything and it absolutely FAB Girl!! Keep up the good work!! YOU ROCK!!

June said...

A yummy card...almost good enough to eat
June x

Monika Reeck said...

Very yummy card..a great idea....best regards, Monika from Germany

Regina Easter said...

yikesssssssssss, how in the word did i miss this...love it.....way yummy...hugs

Liz Weber said...

What a fantastic idea with the popsicle shape - love your choice of colours!! Thanks for the inspiration!