Thursday, April 16, 2009

Voila, Soup! (SC224)

We've been out of town for the Easter Holiday for the last week and I apologize for the pause in posting! I know you have all been sitting on the edge of your seat just waiting to see what I'll post next, and this pause must have been just awful for you (ha!). At least that is what I tell myself to make myself feel better about myself. Myself is feeling good now, thank you!
This card is for the SCS sketch challenge SC224. My card isn't showing up in the gallery, but hopefully I'll get that worked out soon! I used two different techniques on this card. #1 Paper Piecing (on the chef's pants and the silver platter). #2 Out of the Box (on the part of the tray that extends past the white cardstock). I linked Beate's awesome paper piecing tutorial above, but I'm still on the hunt for a good tutorial on the out-of-the-box technique. Basically to do that, you decide on the size of the cardstock you are going to stamp on, and rather than cut an image off to fit in it, you mark spots to make straight cuts to, then cut around the image itself to make it pop out of the box. I know that was a horrible description, so when I find good how-to, I'll pass it on!
Supplies: Stamps: Stampin' Up! {Voila}, Inkadinkadoo {Socialize}; Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Basic Black, Whisper White}; Ink: Stampin' Up! {Basic Black, Blush Blossom, Real Red}, White Staz-On; Accessories: Stampin' Up! {Black Brads, Dimensionals, Silver/Gold Paint Pen}, Aluminum Foil.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I love this stamp set. Very cute card!!