Thursday, April 23, 2009

SCS Challenge WT215

Today's Ways To Use It challenge was to see what you could do with only white cardstock. I immediately thought of my friend Silvia and how she taught me the beauty of the one-layer card, and so this is a tribute to her! I used my brand new nesties to cut out and emboss the scalloped square card. Then a cut a transparency with another nestie, placed it on top of my card and sponged in color (Mellow Moss). Then I took Artichoke and stamped the swirly flourish. I added the colored flowers straight from my Stampin' Up! color guide, and then finished them with buttons (I seem to be doing that a lot lately). Then I used a Martha punch to punch out the butterfly, and colored it by sponging in two colors. What do you think? Not bad for only using white cardstock??Ingredients: Stamps: Inkadinkadoo {Flourishes}; Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Shimmery White}; Ink: Stampin' Up! {Brocade Blue, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss}; Accessories: Stampin' Up! {buttons, dimensionals} Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Royal Butterfly Punch.
Finished card is 3-1/2" x 3-1/2".

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hey girl this is a beauty... Your did awesome with the white challenge! love the scallop square!