Thursday, April 30, 2009

Carolina Girlz Love Curlz (WT216)


Today's Ways to Use it Challenge on Splitcoast was to use black-- that's it! When I first read it I thought-- this I can do! Then I actually tried to make something, and it wasn't nearly as easy as I thought it would be!

I think it is a Carolina thing (maybe just all of the South) to put your monogram on everything-- and I know this first hand because now I live in Virginia and my son was the only kindergartner in the whole school with his name embroidered on everything from his bookbag to his nap mat! And it isn't just any monogram-- and everyone knows that any self-respecting Carolina girl loves Curlz MT and that is all there is to it! Stop in a gift shop (actually it could be a gas station!) the next time you're in the area and you'll see what I mean--lunchboxes, notepads, mousepads, wine glasses-- even stickers for your car! Everything has initials in the Curlz font! So that was my inspiration! And I actually used my own initials on a card for me to use-- that is as rare as a two headed porcupine. I never make cards for myself! I'll spare you anymore rambling! Finished card is 4.5 x 4.5".

Ingredients: Stamps: JustRite (Make-Your-Own Monogram Curlz); Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla}; DP: Anna Griffin; Ink: Stampin' Up! {Basic Black; Accessories: {Black Grosgrain, Dimensionals, Nesties}.

No comments: