Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Frankenstein Treat Holder

So it all started with these coupons....I'm slightly obsessed with those, you know.  And I had these coupons that basically gave me full size candy treats of the M&M variety, on the super cheap.  Knowing that I would the hero of the third grade and of my third grader, for bringing in the BIG treats, I had to think of some cute way of wrapping them up!  
We've already made some mini Crunch Bar mummies this year for the reading class....
So, when I saw the Freaky Little Friends Whimsie Doodles set, I was totally inspired by the "Friend.  Good." Frankenstein image....  and this is what I came up with!

You will need a 2.25 x 10" strip of green card stock, scored at the 1" and 4.5" marks.  You will also need various scraps in black, white and the same green.  I used a tab punch, 2 different circle punches and a border punch for the different details.  I made Frankie's cheeks rosy using chalks, and his nose sticks out with the help of a 3D dot.  I cut the strips for his mouth free hand.

Step 1: 
Cut and score!
Step 2:
Fold and adhere!
Step 3: 
Punch and adhere his hair!
Step 4:
Punch out eye pieces, nose and head bolts (aka tab punch) and adhere.  
Add color to cheeks with chalks.


Step 5:
Add mouth detail and treat.....



No comments: