Friday, October 9, 2009

A really late sketch challenge... and new paper and stamps from Faith!


My friend Faith (Markie's Mom or Grand Master Enabler as I like to call her) and her family opened a new business with their own line of fantastic papers and cardstocks called Mark's Finest Papers. She is also the first demonstrator for Flourishes! I made this card for Wednesday's sketch challenge on SCS using a new Flourishes stamp set and Mark's Finest Paper that I purchased from her, and I am just now posting it! It's been a crazy busy week... and it isn't quite over yet :)

I colored the leaf image with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil. The name of the white cardstock is Snow Storm Smooth, and there couldn't be a better description.... imagine if you will the difference between 200 and 600 thread count bed linens...
I then cut out the image and popped it with 3d dots.

Ingredients: Stamps: Flourishes {Falling Leaves}; Cardstock: Mark's Finest Papers {Snow Storm Smooth}, SU! {Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip}; DP: K & Company; Ink: Memento {Rich Cocoa}; Ribbon: SU! {Riding Hood Red Tafeta}; Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, 3D dots.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Very pretty, what a great color combo!!!

Lisa Foster said...

Wow, Super Beautiful card! I didn't know Faith opened a stor..where have I been? Thanks for passing that on! Happy Saturday!
Hugs,
Lisa