Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dollar Store Magic

So, this project was born yesterday after reading an idea in Better Homes and Gardens magazine for using large glass candle coasters as trivets at Thanksgiving dinner. I purchased this two pack of glass tea lite candle holders for a $1, flipped them over and added stamped images (one in the small circle up close, and another larger piece of cardstock to cover the open back-- Nesties fit perfectly!). You attach the pieces using clear decoupage glue, and tah-dah....I have two cutie patootie paper weights. These were so easy and cheap, I'm planning to make personalized ones for my crafty buddies for Christmas! Wouldn't they be cute for a teacher, too? The only problem is taking a proper picture of them....I haven't figured that out yet!
Ingredients (Faith): Stamps: SU! {Baroque Motifs}, Scrappy Cat Designs {sentiment}; Cardstock: SU! {Very Vanilla, Basic Black}; Ink: SU! {Pixie Pink, Basic Black}; Accessories: Vintage Book Page, Nesties, MS Butterfly Punch, black gel pen, glass tea lite holder.

4 comments:

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Nikki, these are great!! As soon as I figure out exactly how you did them, I am trying it out. ;)

Are the bat and "faith" pieces on the inside bottom of the holder? Where the bottom of the tea light would normally be?

Lisa Foster said...

Wow! These are awesome! How creative!!! I think this is an excellent photo of them too! I LOVE this idea..Tutorial?? Please?? Maybe??? Begging??? :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

EEKKKKK!!!! OMG! These are too cute!!! I agree with Lisa, a tutorial would be fabulous =) Hint hint....

Stampinsilvia said...

these are too cute! Curse you and your dollar store finds...you just want to tempt me with all your goodies...I wont let you get me down! LOL Love your projects girl!