Friday, August 28, 2009

Have a Seat and Stay a While

Today's card features a sneak peek of a new set from Whimsie Doodles that will be released on September 1st! It's called 'Have A Seat'. I printed the image twice, once on Very Vanilla, and once on DP. I colored the bottom part of the chair with a black Copic, then removed some of the ink with a Copic blender and colored it back in with a brown color. I used the same brown color and a black gel pen to highlight parts of the upholstery of the chair. I also added mini brads for the buttons on the chair. What do you think?
Ingredients: Stamps: Whimsie Doodles {Have a Seat}; Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black}; DP: Graphic 45; Ink: Copics, Black Gel Pen; Accessories: Black Grosgrain, Nesties, Dimensionals, Back Mini Brads, Black Diamond Shaped Brad.

3 comments:

Rufus said...

I think it's cute! Love the way you put in the mini brads.

~*Joni said...

Oh I want this chair - it's so classy! I feel like I should put on my smoking jacket and grab a cigar and a good book. ;) Awesome colors Nikki!!

Heather said...

I love how you made that chair! Very cool! and unique- I need to go check out that new release!