Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Release Day & SCS Sketch Challenge 237

Today is New Release Day at Whimsie Doodles, and this cutie patootie is now available for purchase! Be sure to stop by the Whimsie Doodles Blog to see all of the cute new stuff! I decided to use the Lawn Ranger in my sketch challenge card today on SCS (SC227). I used a Nestie to cut out the shape that the Whimsie is on, then used copics to make a sky and ground. I then sponged the sky a little with Bashful Blue because the sky color I chose was TOO aqua. I drew in the black stitch marks with a gel pen to match the stitching that comes on the sentiment oval. I also used Crystal Effects (clear Liquid Embossing stuff) on the headlights and bumper. What do you think?
Ingredients: Stamps: Whimsie Doodles {Lawn Ranger}; Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Natuarals Ivory}; DP: Basic Grey {Oh Baby! Boy}; Ink: Stampin' Up! {Bashful Blue}, Copics, Prismacolor Markers}; Accessories: Crystal Effects, Silver Brads, Black Gel Pen, Nesties.

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!! tfs!!

Judith said...

I like that'The lawn ranger' lol.
Thank you so very much for taking the time to look round my blog and for leaving a very lovely comment. I am glad you enjoyed your time spent there and am very happy to have you following me as I am you. x

de said...

This is precious! I wanted to download the tooth fairy today and my printer at work is better but I left my paper at home. SIGH. TFS these! I think I found a new addiction!

Crystal said...

AWWW SO SO FUN AND CUTE NIKKI!!!!

Kelli said...

So cute!!

Kelly Mahany said...

Nikki your card came out great. I like that the colors are just a bit lighter than others I have seen!