Saturday, July 18, 2009

Inspiration Challenge 189


Today's inspiration challenge on SCS (IC189), was to take inspiration challenge from the Tracy Porter website. I was inspired by {this} Bohemian Frock. For a long time I have wanted to try sewing on my cards, and recently I tried it and supremely failed. When I say fail, I mean I was trying to sew one tiny layer of paper and actually broke the sewing machine needle...on the first stitch I tried to make. Oh it was bad. I took that as a sign from above that me and sewing just weren't mean to be. But then, this morning I saw this ruffled frock and I said to myself, "self, how cute would it be to make a ruffle on my card today". Then I did a little search on the web and found {this tutorial} on Leah's blog, and once I saw her scrapbook layouts and gorgeous ruffles...I had to try it. Plus, she had it filed under "Artsy Fartsy Scrapbook Stuff" and it made me giggle. Her blog is a hoot-- be she ain't no joke people. You should definitely take a look at her work-- WOW!

My ruffle is nothing compared to her beauties, but I was proud of my self for #1, actually figuring how to replace the needle and bobbin on my machine, and #2 for actually sewing on my first card. I actually sewed the edges of the DP and the scalloped circle, but don't look too close or you'll see how badly I did it!

Ingredients: Stamps: DRS Designs {butterfly}, Scrappy Cat {inspire}; Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Not Quite Navy, Naturals Ivory}; DP: K & Company, Colorbok; Ink: Stampin' Up! {Not Quite Navy}, Copic Airbrush; Accessories: Sewing Machine, Marvy Scallop Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Sponge.

6 comments:

kelly ledder said...

Oh such a lovely card, looks like it took a lot of work xx

StampinCathy said...

Now this is a WOW card. I just love the colors and all the details on this inspiring card.

jackiescrafts said...

Great colours on a great card, that ruffle is fab well done

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!

Dawn B. said...

Girl you crack me up. I know that if we met IRL we would have a ball. I just read your profile. I am so glad you made a DT and did NOT pee your pants...LOL. This is a beautiful card. I love the blue. You did an awesome job on the stitches. Way to go. I love perserverance. Great job..
Dawn B.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Gorgeous card!!!! What great colors, what great stitching :) And thanks for the link.... I need help, too!