Friday, June 12, 2009

SCS Limited Supplies Challenge 224


Happy Friday everyone! This card is for today's Limited Supply Challenge over at SCS! Here were our instructions:
"Your creations this week should use only colors of water (ANY shades of blues, grays and greens) and sand (ANY neutrals). Other required elements: (use ALL) 1)ribbon, hemp/twine, OR fibers 2)brads 3)piercing."

I didn't have ANY Sage Shadow paper, so I decided to make my own! To make my background piece on this card, I started out with a piece of white cardstock, then used my brayer to add Sage Shadow on one half and Creamy Caramel on the bottom half. Next I sponged over the brayerd ink to give it a more even look. Then I ran the entire piece through a CuttleBug Folder and rubbed the ink pads directly onto the embossed parts to define them a little more. And finally, I pierced around some of the designs. The ribbon is some old SU stuff that I have been saving (Hello, my name is Nikki and I am a ribbon hoarder). What do you think?

Ingredients: Stamps: Stampin' Up! {A Little Something}; Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Whisper White, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip}; Ink: Stampin' Up! {Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel}; Accessories: Stampin' Up! {Circle and Scallop Circle Punches, Ribbon, Brads, Crafter's Tool Kit}, CB Embossing Folder.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lovel love loving the colours on this, so calming, just what I need!

jackiescrafts said...

Great card and I just love love that shade of green

Teri said...

ohhhh love this! It's just gorgeous!

Teri xx

iza said...

gorgeous!!ur DIY was fab!great job.i lurve it..

Shauna K said...

looOoOve this card! The colors and the distressing and i just love it :)

Carmen said...

Oh that's so effective. I bet it's got a touch me feel me quality in real life.

Nona said...

What a lovely card, thanks for the idea about using the cuttlebug, love how you have pricked around some of the images, great idea.

Nona :-)

MA-MI said...

What a wonderful card. I love the blue and brown combination and the embossing paper too.

Katarina said...

Great card. Love the way you used the colours.

Rufus said...

Love the card, the paper almost looks like suede! Gonna have to try that!

Anonymous said...

I love the way this came out!! So gorgeous!