Monday, June 22, 2009

Paper Piecing CAS20

Today's CAS challenge on SCS was to use paper piecing on your card. I chose to use this adorable image from Whimsie Doodles-- besides being the most adorable things EVER, all of the Whimsie Doodles are easy to both color and paper piece! I actually printed my image out three times; twice on DP and once on Vanilla cardstock. I colored directly on the DP (Whimsie's head, legs and arms). I paper pieced the balloons, hat and the tummy part of his shell. I used a Copic blender pen to make tiny highlights on the balloons.
Ingredients: Stamps: Whimsie Doodles {The Sky's The Limit digi}, Stampin' Up! {Mini Mates}; Cardstock: Stampin' Up! {Very Vanilla, textured Wild Wasabi}; DP: K & Company, My Mind's Eye; Ink: Stampin' Up! {Basic Black}, Copics, Black Gelly Roll pen.

3 comments:

wendy said...

He is stinkin' cute!! Very nice job.

Melyssa said...

Look how those balloons are pulling that turtle off the page! Tooo cute! Love the plaid belly. hehehe

~*Joni said...

Ohhh what a sweetie all dressed up in plaid! I love paper piecing, you chose the perfect image to do this with as Whimsie is the cutest character. Love the balloons off the page, he doesn't seem too worried about it. ;)