Saturday, May 23, 2009

Little Odd Forest Inspiration Challenge (IC181)


This is for today's Inspiration Challenge, which was to take inspiration from the Little Odd Forest website {Click here for my inspiration piece}. The sunshine and sentiment are from the same stamp set, but I couldn't find a single cloud in my collection! So, to match the style of the card (and my inspiration), I hand drew the clouds, embossed the paper and then cut them out. The sunshine is stamped on the base, then stamped again and cut out. I also used a Build-a-Brad for a little extra dimension in the center of the sun. My finished card is an itty bitty 3.5 x 3.5".

Ingredients: Stamps: Inkadinkado {Tell It Like It Is}; Cardstock: DCWV {Textured Orange}, Stampin' Up! {Barely Banana, Carribean Blue, Real Red, WW}; Ink: Stampin' Up! {Basic Black}; Accessories: Stampin' Up! {Build-A-Brad, Dimensionals}, White Gelly Roll pen, Cuttlebug EF.

6 comments:

Tee McNeil Art said...

So cool! I love the sentiment. Kids quotes are some of my favorite.

Tee

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card...the sentiment rocks!!

clare said...

aww..what a lovely card...and the sentiment says it all...TFS clarex

Crystal said...

Nikki love your IC Card!!! Love the clouds and the sun soo creative!!! Congrats on all the followers too girl!!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!

Jessica G. said...

I'm a big fan of the Inkadinkado kid sentiments, but I haven't seen this one yet -- what a great one! Perfect way to showcase it, too. Your clouds are awesome!!

Tonje said...

This is just soooo cute! Love the clouds.